Small Business Saturday is the only "holiday" dedicated to the independent merchants and restaurants which form the foundation of Main Streets across the USA. Forward View believes that the growing awareness of Small Business Saturday offers America's community cornerstones a unique opportunity to connect with a national campaign. The professional marketing for Small Business Saturday, spearheaded by American Express, is impressive. Tapping into the Small Business Saturday initiative offers a launching point for holiday season success. Just how big is Small Business Saturday? See the image and 2016 stats below from American Express.
To get started on your Small Business Saturday preparation, follow these tips:
- Create custom marketing materials by clicking here.
- Engage with fellow small businesses in your city/town and collaborate on neighborhood events. Celebrations involving an entire community generate media buzz and draw people from a wider radius than any lone business event. Go here for ideas!
- Read about preparing your digital presence for Small Business Saturday: Click here and here.
- Use the #ShopSmall hashtag on social media!
- Begin promoting Small Business Saturday now, especially online.
Have a great Small Biz Saturday and follow us on social media for updates and additional tips!